The archive is currently shared between GNU/Linux alpha, hppa, m68k, powerpcspe, ppc64, sparc64, x32 and GNU/Hurd. It uses mini-dak, in order to have one pool per architecture and various suites (unstable, experimental), and most notably the unreleased suite. This suite is used to upload packages which need hacks to build until the changes are integrated into Debian.
You can browse the archive directly via http.
The archive includes binary-all packages mirrored regularly from
Debian. To use it, add the following lines to your
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unstable main deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased main
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports experimental main
For GNU/Hurd the unstable and experimental suites are provided by the regular Debian archive, therefore you only need to add the unreleased suite.
ftp.ports.debian.org actually corresponds to two different servers, one in The Netherlands and one in USA. There are both accessible through both IPv4 and IPv6. In case there are slow from your country, you might want to use a a mirror instead.
If you want apt to verify the downloaded packages, you can either install the
debian-ports-archive-keyring package or manually import debian-ports.org archive's key into apt:
gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 2FF7A9F4 gpg --export 2FF7A9F4 | apt-key add -
wget -O - https://www.ports.debian.org/archive_2016.key | apt-key add -
Any change to the source you need to do implies moving the suite
from unstable to unreleased, appending a magic
+string(see below) to the version to distinguish and/or filter it and adding a proper changelog entry. For Hurd only the unreleased suite is allowed, there should be no need to use unstable.
If an upload happens to unreleased, source must be included
in the package
- All Debian developers can request upload rights. Other people may need to seek a sponsor as is done on the Debian archive.
- Upload to ftp://ports-master.debian.org/incoming/. You will see the package appearing in less than 5 minutes on http://incoming.ports.debian.org/.
- If a package should be removed, please mail email@example.com.
- Updating config.guess and config.sub:
- Changes for any GNU system variants:
- Changes for GNU/Linux alpha:
- Changes for GNU/Linux hppa:
- Changes for GNU/Linux m68k:
- Changes for GNU/Linux powerpcspe:
- Changes for GNU/Linux ppc64:
- Changes for GNU/Linux sh4:
- Changes for GNU/Linux sparc64:
- Changes for GNU/Linux x32:
- Changes for GNU/Hurd: